Sabado, Disyembre 14, 2013

Grown-Up decisions & Mature choices

Preparing for a wedding, budgeting and making plans for the past few months made me realize a lot of things. 

First, know what you want. Of course, all girls want a fairy tale wedding.But sometimes, we realize that our dream wedding can be costly. If you are one of the brides-on-a- budget like me, making concessions should be considered. For me, I wanted a beach or garden wedding since it falls on a summer. Unfortunately, beach wedding is quite costly since we have to consider the transportation and accommodation of our guests. We want to invite all the important people in our lives and we don't want to cut down on our guests so that we could afford destination wedding. On the other hand, I've been eyeing a top but expensive garden wedding venue but I am amenable to a different venue that could save us some thousands but could give us that garden wedding feel.

So I am making concessions but I know that I am still getting the dream wedding that I want without ruining our pockets.

Second, a lot of people will be giving a LOT of unsolicited advice. I am so grateful to those who are so excited for my preparations. However, while I do listen to them, I am very careful on what advice to heed. At the end of the day, we would make decisions that would be comfortable for me and M. 

Third, wedding preps and buying a house put a toll on our pockets. If we buy a house now, we would be selecting a small starting house that we could afford. And we think that would be a big mistake. Trying to do everything given our budget is quite ...hard. So we decided to focus first on the wedding preps then at the end of 2014, we will focus on finding our dream house.


So many grown-up decisions. So many changes. But I am happy and excited at the same time. I am excited to become Mrs. P.:) 16 months to go!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...