Sabado, Nobyembre 9, 2013

Where to Wed in Manila?

Warning, this post is cheesy.

My dear friends, M popped the question last September and this wonderful feelin' keeps rolling on. :)

We set that special day on May 1, 2015. As early as now, we are searching for that awesome church and awesome reception venue for that awesome wedding I've been dreaming about! See, I feel so awesome already! hahaha. Just kidding. :) Just the thought of tying the knot with the love of my life makes me really giddy. Seriously, for all heartaches and pains I've been through, I thought I wouldn't get married. I never dream of walking down the aisle wearing that pristine dress until we became a couple. But now, things changed. I find myself daydreaming about that special day, about starting a family, having that house with a garden where our kids could play. My perspective in life changed.

We want to have a simple wedding that would be memorable and enjoyable for us, our family and close friends. We believe that we don't need to spend a fortune to have a beautiful wedding and we don't want to be broke after that. We know that marriage actually starts after the wedding so we don't need to blow our savings in a one-day event. Preparation is really important to us, we like to enjoy every moment of the preparation as much as we will enjoy on that wedding day. We hope that this event could make us closer to our families. 

So, the first thing that comes into our minds is where are we going to get married? 

Here is a rundown of the churches we've visited and considered:


Our Lady of Remedies Parish
 Malate, Manila

In the different wedding photos I saw via Internet, I fell in love with  photos showing the hanging lights inside Malate church. Very picturesque. When we visited the church, we found out that it is being renovated so you could see the green net over the construction on the left side. The guard said that the renovation would be for another four to five years.

Pros: Church has history. It has character. Perfect for big weddings. It's beautiful. 
Cons: You can hear the vehicles passing through the street in front of it. You can't control the entry of passersby. Personal vows and music with lyrics not allowed. (Deal breaker for me)
oneyearafter.wordpress.com

Abbey of our Lady of Montserrat
 San Beda Chapel, Mendiola

This is our church... if only the abbot and the archbishop would allow us, the chances of which is nil like 1%. This church had been a witness to our love story unfolding before the walls of San Beda College. Important events in our law school life happened here. Haaay. Why the rigid rules? I really feel bad that this beautiful church cannot be used for weddings anymore.But we will try, we will write a letter to the abbot, we will even write to the pope if necessary. Not kidding. 

Pros: Beautiful inside. Holds a lot of memories for us and for our families. Church is just the right size for all of our guests.

uapmakati.wordpress.com

San Agustin Church
Intramuros, Manila

M and I worked in Intramuros and we always look by at this church but never entered or attended a mass. Not once. The church looks beautiful, wedding pictures in the net looks amazing.

Pros: Intramuros is beautiful and we want to show it to our guests. One of the reception venues that we are considering is in Intramuros, going to the reception venue from the church is like a walk in the park, literally.
Cons: Expensive. Very strict rules.


lyndy005.blogspot.com

St. Pancratius Chapel
Paco Park, Manila

This church is surrounded by tombs. Its beautiful, perfect for intimate wedding. I like the fact that it is very quiet inside and you have the option to control the people who will enter the park.

Pros: Less expensive compared to the other churches. Very intimate. Exclusive.
Cons: Maybe too small for 150-200 guests. Some might find the place a little creepy.




Before the end of this year, we want to place a reservation to our chosen church. I'll keep you posted.

To end this post, let me share with you my favorite quote from the bible:

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 komento:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to ask if natuloy ang wedding nyo sa abbey? Fellow Bedista here :) I think it's every Bedan's dream to wed sa church natin, including myself. I would also write to the pope if that's what it takes! :)

    TumugonBurahin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...